When you start publishing content with Contellio's Distribute you will quickly see traffic coming to your pages and won't know where it came from. Here's where integrating Google Analytics can help.
Once you do you will see all your landing pages and embed codes in your Analytics dashboard and analyze that traffic like any other.
Before you set Google Analytics at Contellio, you have to acquire your tracking ID from Google. The tracking ID is a string like `UA-000000-2`. It must be included in your tracking code to tell Analytics which account and property to send data to.
Here's how to get your tracking ID from Google Analytics:
- Sign in to your Analytics account
- Click Admin
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code
- Your tracking ID and property number are displayed at the top of the page
Now to Contellio. Sign in to your account at app.contellio.com and follow these few steps:
- From the menu in the top left corner of the page chose "Settings"
- On the Settings page chose "Analytics"
- Paste your tracking ID to the text field and click "Save Google Analytics integration" button next to it
That's it. Now every visit to your landing pages or embed codes will be accounted for in your Google Analytics account.